Welcome to IVA! Tribune Media Services (TMS) and IVA have partnered to make integrating trailers into your site as easy as 1, 2, 3. This page will walk you through making a link to a video.
Step 1: Get your credentials
When you are ready, please contact our Sales team about an account. Make sure that you get the following information before continuing on:
- Customer ID ( this is your comany’s account number)
- Security Token ( do not share this with anyone outside your organization)
- Access to data feeds (FTP)
Note: Please keep this information in a safe place as you will need it to access content at IVA.
Step 2: Get the data
TMS and IVA have worked together to provide a feed that will be updated once daily Monday – Friday and made available to TMS customers. This feed will include all the meta data you will need, including IVA’s Published ID and matching TMS ID. Please contact sales for access to these feeds and read through the TMS Data Dictionary to understand all the fields contained in this feed.
Reference: TMS Data Dictionary
There are different versions of the data feeds on the FTP. Be sure to use the appropriate one. The newest version is v4 and is recommended. If you are unsure of which one to use, please contact our support team.
- TMSVideoV4 & TMS_Root_v4 – (recommended version) In this newest version of the feed IVA has removed the defaultVideoAsset property and added the following: mezzanine_digitized_date and dateCreated.
- TMS_Root_v3 – This version includes the GroupPermissionID field. Any asset where this field appears requires special permissions to access. You would need to know if your account has permission for these assets. Contact support if you are unsure.
- TMS_Root – This version uses the TMS Root ID’s as the key value instead of the TMS ID. Anyone not using the TMS English US data set should use this file with the Root ID’s.
- TMSVideoV2 – This updated version has some additional fields needed to make appropriate programmatic decisions about the content.
- TMSVideo – This is our older version and should not be used by any new customers.
Step 3: Video
Now that you have ingested the data, use the Video API to create links to the content for use inside your own player.
To construct a valid video API call you will need the following information:
- Customer number
- Secret token
- Videokbrate – chosen from the available encodes
- Published ID of the video
In the example below we will assume that you will be using the cmd=6 and fmt=4 parameters. For more information on those please see the full Video API documentation. This example shows how to properly join your secret token along with your URL to be hashed. Customers are required to do an MD5 hash of the Secret Token + URL as a security measure to prevent deep linking to the content. The e parameter is a time to live for the link and is the Unix time for when the link should expire. IVA recommends that you generate these links on the fly and keep the time to live as short as possible ( 10 – 30 min). It is important to note that you need to append the secret token to the front of the URL and lower case the whole string.
- Secret Token = 1234
- Psuedo-code to Generate Hash = MD5(lcase(1234http://video.internetvideoarchive.net/player.aspx?customerId=12345&cmd=6&fmt=4&videokbrate=750&publishedid=1757&e=1171159092))
- Hash = c13c876ea56c6124cba712c050a7ae69
For more information, including a full description of all the parameters and creating the hash code please see this page: Video-API
We look forward to working with you! Should you have any questions please feel free to email our Support Team.
Thanks for choosing Tribune Media Services and IVA!