Below is the technical changelog for our Cross Platform Player powered by JW Player.
Cross Platform Player 6.12 (2015-07-17)
- The release improves functionality, performance, and UX in a few different ways, with features including:
- Improved adaptive heuristics for HLS.
- HLS playback now supported on Chromecast.
- Updated UX in the Chromecast Receiver application.
- Key-value pair replacement for Google IMA ad requests.
- Support for Microsoft HLS Azure Clearkey + Playready AES tokenization.
- IVA: Improved performance on initial load and between ad completion/video start events.
- The following HLS v3 streams can now be played on Chromecast –
- AES Encrypted streams
- Live and DVR Streams
- VOD streams
- Control playback and volume directly from the Google Cast extension.
- The receiver application will disconnect after 20 minutes in an idle state instead of ?.
- Key value pair variable replacement support in HTML5 and Flash for Google IMA ad requests.
- The text for advertising cuepoints can now be customized.
- Fixed a regression with using onReady() to trigger play() in Flash.
- Fixed an issue for VPAID ad playback that was not sized correctly when using logo position bottom-right.
- Added support for autostart with a VMAP ad schedule.
- Fixed the display play button in HTML5 to correctly display hover states.
- Removed a console error for VPAID ads that was not affecting ad playback.
- Fixed controlbar fading issue when using SMIL manifests.
- Fixed an issue with Google IMA tags not refreshing SCOR and COR values between playlist items.
- Fixed an issue where the player being embedded in a form causes a postback on mobile.
- Fixed an issue where play() being set onReady() caused infinite buffering on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where some HLS streams would freeze when entering/exiting fullscreen on Windows FireFox.
- Fixed an issue where IE11 YouTube HTML5 mode would not show any controls.
- Added support for HLS WebVTT captions with MPEGTS offsets to ensure closed captions appear when they should.
- Updated the pause behavior during livestreams to be a pause instead of a stop.
- Fixed a visual stutter in HLS playback due to AAC parsing of multi-audio track streams.
- Fixed an issue where a failed ad tag was stopping video playback to resume.
- Fixed an issue where some HLS streams would play in the background while ads were playing.
- Fixed an issue with players using RTMP as a media source and autostart with prerolls, the RTMP stream did not resume after the ad ended.
- Fixed an issue with players not rendering correctly when css padding and border were styled inline on the player element.
Cross Platform Player 6.11 (2015-01-07)
The release improves functionality, performance, and UX in a few different ways, with features including:
- A new model for sending events to Google Analytics with the built in plugin
- Casting mp4 videos from a Flash Player via our Chromecast integration
- Ability to seek within the buffer without having to rebuffer
- Ability to re-seek while media is buffering
- DVR sliding control bar appears once the available length is 2 minutes instead of 1 minute.
- Casting controls are now available when JW Player renders in Flash to play mp4 videos.
- The Cast icon won’t show when source is not playable on the receiver application.
- The Cast icons have been updated for design compliance.
- IE9 is now only supported in Flash, HTML5 support has been removed.
- Poster image will not be loaded when autostart:true, improving player startup speed.
- webkit-playsinline was added as an attribute of the video tag that JW Player uses when rendered on iOS devices.
- Fixed setuperror not firing in certain situations when setting up the player in Flash.
- Fixed fullscreen button in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed an issue where failed VPAID were breaking waterfalling to other VAST ads.
- When an ad is paused in Android Chrome, clicking it no longer opens clickthrough target but resumes playback.
- Fixed the volume slider for ad playback in Flash.
- Fixed tag variable replacement item-duration was not getting replaced for mid or post rolls.
- Fixed using .play() after an ad was watched in Flash.
- Fixed a crossdomain loading issue with VPAID ads.
- Our player configuration treats mediaid property of each playlist item as a String value rather than an Integer
- The trackingobject property has been removed from the Google Analytics configuration as it was unneeded. Ensure websites that utilize Google Analytics are using the latest tracking code.
- HLS playback has been enabled on Android 4.1+ devices