Flash Player Manager
Step One - Create your player: Choose Flash Player v5.
*IVA recommends using our latest player (v5) with builtin HTML5 support.
The steps below walk you through setting up a player using Flash Player Manager v5. The setup for Flash Player Manager v4 are slightly different. New customers are encouraged to use the newest player. Contact Support if you have any trouble.
| ||Click "Create a New Player" and name your player so you can find it again. |
||Click "Save Settings" to save the player and update the preview. |
| ||Descriptions of each customizable property. |
Step 2 - Main Properties
- Player Name: The name you will use to identify the player. Notice the number to the right of the text box. This is the number associated with the player and is used in our API URL's to call the player.
- Skin- Choose from one of our many designs or create your own (see link on right side of page).
- Width & Height – Set the dimensions of the player.
- Video Format - MP4 is the default and only option at this time. (FLV's are no longer supported)
- Color Settings – Customize Back, Front, Light and Screen color to match your design.
Step 3 - Layout Choose the placement of each item in the player
- Control Bar – Choose where the controls show in the player.
- Logo – Put your logo in the top right corner over the video.
- Dockable Plugins – Add HD, Sharing plugins (and more)
- Display Title – Shows the title when the video is paused.
- Playlist – Specify where you want your playlist to appear.
- Playlist Size – Determines the size of the playlist.
Step 4 - Behaviors Choose the actions you want for your player
- Auto-start – Player starts as soon as the page is loaded.
- Buffer length - How many seconds to buffer
- Display click – What to display when player is clicked.
- Icons – Display Play/Pause icon on the screen.
- Mute – Player starts with the volume muted.
- Repeat – Video repeats automatically.
- Shuffle – Shuffles titles within a playlist.
- Stretching – Resize your video.
- Volume – Sets the default volume.
- Link Target Window – Designate window to open link.
- Dynamic Link- Dynamic link to URL with variables.
Step 5 - Advertising / Feature / Shopping Plug-ins
There are many plug-ins available to add to your player, or create your own. Below are a few examples.
Click here for a full list of available plug-ins.
Advertising Plug-ins Monetize your site
Feature Plug-ins Expand content and information
Shopping Plug-in Amazon, iTunes, and Fandango
Social Media Plug-ins Enhance interactivity.
Step 6 - Security
- Allowed Domains – This is an extra layer of security to prevent others from using your player on their site. Login to Media Manager, go to Flash Player Manager, edit a player and click on the "Security" tab for full details on how to use this feature.