This tool lets you add proprietary content for your site.
- Select your media type.(Video/Movie, Game Trailer, Interview, Commercial, Music Video)
- Give your content a title to facilitate search.
- Select a copyright holder
- Select an Expiration Date (optional)
- If you have a photo, enter the URL (optional)
Step 3 (optional)
- Add Associated Movies. Example: Enter 'Iron Man 2" for an interview with Robert Downey Jr. reltated to that tilte.
- Add Associated Performers. Example: Add Gwyneth Paltrow for "Iron Man 2"
- Select a Related Video. Example: Enter "Iron Man"
Step 4 - Upload your media:
- Upload File to Encode and Serve Sends file to encode/cut all the formats we offer.
- When the video is finished uploading you will get a pop up message and you will see the "Finish" button become active.
Upload Status - Check the status of your uploaded video by moving your mouse over the “Add Video” button on the navigation bar, then click “Upload Status”.
Many customers upload their proprietary content to IVA for display on their app or website. Our support team is often asked to check on the status of uploaded videos. We are pleased to announce that the Encoding Status page inside Media Manager now reflects more detail on each stage of encoding proprietary video.
- ID/Links This field indicates the ID number that IVA has assigned to your uploaded file. Once the file is ready to use you can click the ID to generate a link to your video.
- Title – This field reflects the title you assigned to the file.
- Created - The date the file was uploaded.
- Email Address – The email address for the person who uploaded the file. This allows us to contact you should there be a problem with the upload.
- Uploader - The name of the person who uploaded the file.
- Encoding Status – These four fields provide specific details about the status of encoding.
- Sent to Encoder Hover over the green check mark to see what time it was sent to the encoder.
- Encode Complete Hover over the green check mark to see what time the video was encoded.
- Ready to Use Hover over the green check mark to see what time the video was replicated to our delivery network making it ready to use.
- Notes Hover over this section to see if the encode was successful or if there was a problem. Our support team gets notified of any files that fail going through the encoding process. Client Services will reach out to the person who sent it to get it fixed.
- Other information on the page includes who uploaded the file, their email address, the date the file was created, and the Published ID assigned to the file.
The Encoding Status Report lists all the proprietary content encoded by your company in the last 30 days. If you see that one of your encodes has failed and you have not already heard from our support team, contact us and we will work with you to rectify the problem.
Creating Upload Form - Use this tool to create a form for adding user-generated content.