IVA Cross Platform Player v5
This document describes how to manipulate and embed our HTML5/Flash player on a web page. This is the player that IVA recommends for all clients. We’ve tested this player on our own site, VideoDetective.com, and here are all the reasons why we recommend it:
- HTML5 Video Support
- iPad, iPhone, iPod compatible
- Automatic Bandwidth Detection
- Screen Size Optimization
- Automatic Browser Detection
- All New Skins
- PNG Skin Support
- Fully Customizable
- Support for HD MP4 Content
- New Dockable Plug-ins
1. Start by creating a new player in Media Manager. Locate “Flash Player Manager” in the navigation bar, and then click “Flash Player Manager V5”.
2. Flash Player Manager allows you to customize the look and feel of your player; you can include plug-ins for Sharing, Shopping, Advertising, and more.
3. When you are happy with how your player looks (see the preview on settings page), save your player. Once the player is saved, choose the IVA content you want to put into the new player. Click “Find Content” and browse or search for a video. Pick the video you want to embed, and then click on the icon inside the title pop-up to launch the Code Wizard.
4. Follow the instructions in the Code Wizard. Copy the Embed Code and paste it into your HTML editor.
Modifying the Player
To modify the player, edit the settings in Media Manager. See the Media Manager Flash Player Documentation for more info.
Playlists are supported in this version. When the user has Flash installed, a playlist will play all the way through. If the user does not have Flash installed, the HTML5 player is displayed and only the first video in the list plays.
The code for using a playlist should look like this:
Notice that “publishedid field is empty and that it is two ‘single’ quotes not one “double” quote.
Choosing an Auto Playlist - Auto Playlist allows you to pick from a list of pre-defined playlists that automatically update over time. To use this feature, choose from one of the lists below.
Movies in currently in theaters
Movies not yet released to theaters
Movies that are to be released into the theater this week
Movies on DVD in the last 45 days
Movie titles releasing on DVD soon
Movies new on DVD
Newly added music videos
Featured TV shows and exclusive clips
The freshest HIP HOP music videos picked by our editors
Cool rock videos picked by our editors
Hip pop music videos picked by our editors
New country music videos picked by our editors
Recently featured music videos
Music videos from recently featured artists
Custom Playlists These can created and edited inside Media Manager. To use one of these lists inside your player use the playlistid (see example above) which corresponds to the ID of the playlist you create in Media Manager. Editors can change the playlist using the IVA drag and drop interface and the changes will occur instantly. This method is useful with syndicated players where you want control over the content being played and the order it is played in without having access to the HTML embed code.
Note: Manual Playlists are not supported in the Cross Platform Player v5. So you can’t use PublishedID1,PublishedID2,etc. and have the HTML5 support. Manual Playlists still work when Flash is installed but will break when no Flash is installed.