Instructions for setting up a very useful program.
LINQPad is a program that allows you to test and run queries against the IVA OData API. It allows you to see all the properties in the collections and displays the results in an html grid. Use the examples from our Sample Queries page to get a feel for the kinds of data that can be returned.
1. Download LINQPad here: http://www.linqpad.net/
2. Set up your connection:
If the connection is successful you will see all the tables populate underneath the connection. For a complete list of the columns in each table and a description of each please see this article:
- Click Add Connection
- Choose WCF Data Services (OData)
- URI: http://api.internetvideoarchive.com/1.0/DataService
- Username: Is your DeveloperID
- Password: Media Manager Password (if you do not have a Media Manager account you do not need this)
3. Take a look at our examples here: http://www.internetvideoarchive.com/IVA/Support/documentation/data/iva-odata-api/example-queries
If you get an error compiling the query make sure that you have chosen VB Expression as the language.